Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Love Accessible





Station by station is passing by but still my destination hasn't arrived. What should I be doing when I meet her after reaching home? I shall hug her and give her a kiss to show how much I love her.

"Oh my brother ee pichi prema puttindante anthenu raa sarvam marachi sanyaasi malle ninne maaramantundhi raa"

It's my mobile's ring tone assigned to my girl friend's number. I answered the call.

"Hi raa Where are you? Why are you late today? Do you at least remember that today is the day you proposed to me last year?"

"Hey what are you talking? How can I forget that? It's just that the train is late. I will be there soon and then we shall go to the dinner at water tower place"

"come soon raa. I miss you a lot and more today"

I cannot even believe that one year passed by already. It was almost like yesterday when I first met her in the classroom. She was so beautiful that day and I was so lonely that day. All of a sudden she came and sat beside me, as it was one of the few seats from where the lecture would be clearer. It was during the first break that she talked to me. She introduced herself and then it was my turn. I never knew we would become so close then. During second half she fell asleep which gave me a chance to offer my notes to her and in turn go to her room to get back that notes.

I knocked on the door from which the aroma of some brilliant dish or at least brilliantly smelling dish is coming. She came and opened the door. She has kept something on the stove and she is still writing the notes. So I offered her some help of course not in writing but cooking. Thanks to my culinary skills that I succeeded in making it edible besides being aromatic. After dinner we went to the on-campus 7-11 for a short walk which gave us enough scope to know each other, ideas and families.

From next day that night walk was a must just like 'n' number of pairs on our campus which were formed right after landing in US. We became good friends, thick friends and then decided to be together forever.

"Hello motto....".

This is my mobile's default ring tone for some numbers which aren't that significant to have exclusive ring tones. I saw the number that disturbed me in remembering my evergreen past. I saw that number somewhere but couldn't make out whose number it is. Then I remembered that this number is also from my past but past to evergreen past.

"Hello raa. Do you remember me? It was one month before we talked to each other that too when I called you and you had promised me that you will call me within one hour. But I am sorry I couldn't wait for that one hour which in this case is 30x24 hours long. What happened raa? I am happy to find you safe."

"I am safe. Don't worry. But shall I call you tomorrow. I am a bit busy today. "

"Ok raa. But remember that one girl here is waiting for you and living just for you. Bye. I love...."

I hung up on her before she could finish that. Not that I don't want to hear that but because I don't deserve that. She is my ex- and first girl friend who knows just loving me whether I call her or forget her and it is me who thinks that she is ex- and ex- because I couldn't wait for one month without her when she was in training far from home so that she couldn't call me nor could I reach her.

One month and I started searching for a new girl friend, found one and now forgot her totally. But she still believes that I love her even though I have been avoiding her from past one year. SHE is the one who has been calling me monthly once and only once just because she thinks I am busy at work and I would be disturbed and who every night before going to sleep tries to dial my number and with great difficulty resists her from disturbing me. Then it is Me who even after knowing all this is not ready to leave my current girl friend who is very much accessible than one sitting back there in India.

Finally my train arrived in Chicago station. I took a cab went to our room but did not kiss her nor hug her(did I get the realization?). Later on we went to dinner at water tower place where I kissed her that kiss I saved (but not shelved) for this moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best one rohit.. i liked it!!