Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday raa




The Sun was trying his best to pull open the doors of the world wherein I reside, her eyes. I went to the window and closed the curtains. The Air conditioner on high cool was trying to freeze tickle the snowy things that are out of the comforter, her feet. I turned off the air conditioner beside which the digital clock was showing the best date of the year, "08 MAY 6:31 AM ". I rubbed my hands and then touched her feet together, lied down next to her held her by her waist, over the comforter, took my lips near her ears and whispered "Happy Birthday raa".

Then and there my heart stopped by her THE MOST beautiful early morning smile followed by THE MOST invaluable words "Thank You raa". Invaluable because of the sleepiness still present in her voice. What else can I ask for! I wished her and here I am blessed with my gifts more than I can handle. Then she said "One more minute raa, then I will wake up and make coffee for you". I whispered, "OK" in her ears and kissed on her cheek for which she gave half the beamy smile on that cheek.

After 5 minutes, which was supposedly one minute of her sleep, She woke up saw me holding the cup of coffee and waiting for her. She got up to sit on the bed still half inside her comforter and then smiled again by stretching her hands saying "so sweet". As if I was just waiting for this I got up instantly with the cup in my hands and reached to hug her inside her stretched hands. Then I offered her a peck on her lips followed by the cup of coffee.

Before she could say something, I started "I did the dishes, made breakfast-your favorite Idli and I will be back from office before lunch time. I will take you to the lunch and after coming back home I will prepare your birthday dinner and arrange it in our terrace as a moonlit dinner. But until I come back from office, Your Highness, You are not expected to step down from this bed. Of course exceptions are you can get down to get ready but again by the time I come I should find you on this very bed". She smiled the innocent smile and then gave a pat on my cheek.

Suddenly I woke up in the train for its sudden halt after reaching its final destination, Chicago. I rushed to home wherein I still live with my other roommates leading a bachelor life. But today is special. So what if she is not with me, I can bring the joy linked with her here and share it with my friends. I decided I would cook my best dishes today. As soon as I reached my room, I started cooking the items on the menu that day which were, Chili Chicken, Vegetable pulav, Rice, Dal and Rasam (we have some vegetarians in our house). By the time of dinner my roommates were surprised to see so many dishes and even without their knowledge they wished the cause (Her Birthday) many more times.

When I told her all these that night when I called her, she was happy and then asked "why all these for me?" I replied, "I don't know. What have you done to me? Some 4 years back I don't even know you, but today you are so much to me that I love celebrating your birthday than my own. What have you done to me? You are killing me". I heard a low shaky voice saying, "I love you raa". That's it. I got my reply and that was the only apt reply. I opened my mouth to say "I love you too" instead I heard me uttering "I miss you raa" and yes that is what I meant at that time and so repeated it again letting her know that "One more birthday of her alone and I will be dead." Finally I concluded my call saying "Happy Birthday raa" some nth time in that very day.

1 comment:

Vinil said...

mamaaaaa.... oo range lo pindesav kadaaa